• Based on action taken by the Elizabethton City Schools Board of Education on August 19, 2021, starting on Tuesday, August 24, masks will be required for all students, employees, and visitors in all school system buildings and on all system buses for a period of ten (10) school days. Parents may choose to opt their students out of this mask mandate by either:
o completing a form that is available on Skyward Family Access; or
o completing a paper form, which is available at all schools in the district.
• Students who are 18 and older are also able to opt out of this requirement.
• Staff members may also opt out of this requirement by notifying their supervisor.
• The board will meet to reassess the mask requirement before the expiration of the current mandate. Without any action, the mandate will expire at the end of the school day on September 7, 2021.
• This mandate is not in effect for extracurricular activities
MASK OPT-OUT FORM
To access the online opt-out form, please log in to your Skyward Family Access account. This form is only available electronically using parent/guardian login accounts. Student accounts will not have access to this form.
A paper copy of the mask opt out form will also be at available in the office at each school in the district. If you choose to opt out, you must fill out the online for or paper form for each student. For more information about the mask requirement, school reopening plans, COVID dashboard, and Skyward Family Access visit ECS main website page at https://www.ecschools.net/
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.