At Tuesday's Board of Education meeting, Mr. Hopson updated the Board on our fall semester at HME. The year began with a Level 5 School celebration - the first Level 5 in school history. This is possible with great attendance and dedication of everyone in our HME family.
An overview of our progress this year:
- RTI2B - Just Bee Awesome behavior program going well and resulting in less discipline issues and increased attendance. Students named weekly for good character, and all students without office referrals enjoy periodic celebrations. Students with referrals get additional support from counseling.
- Student academic progress in RTI Tier 2 and Tier 3
- Improvement projects: widening the exit in the lower lot where we acquired new property, carpet removal
- 5th grade trip to Camp Explore
- Students active in extracurricular activities with Girls on the Run and K-Kids. K-Kids donated 1,000 cans of food to Hale Community Ministries as well as treat bags and fleece throws to Niswonger Children's Hospital.
- Ms. Cole named teacher of the month on WTFM
- Family Math Night for grades 1-5
- Successful Make and Take Workshop for Kindergarten parents
- Thanks to parents who collected more than $7,000 for Color Run Celebration to reward students
It's been a busy and productive year already, and we're excited to continue that this semester!